Here’s what has happened in the last week:
- The first coat of skim coat has been applied to the ceiling of the sanctuary (save the portions over the choir loft—which will require a special boom lift)
- Framing out of the exterior walls on the upper level of fellowship hall has been completed
- All of the windows in the rooms under Fellowship Hall have been removed and framed in
- We received good news from the county that they will allow us to reoccupy the sanctuary once it is finished even if the sprinklers are not 100% operational (due to the timing of the new water main the county is adding up Shaker Drive)
Here’s what is scheduled to happen in the next week (or so):
- Electrical work continues
- Skim coating of the sanctuary ceiling will continue
- Demolition will begin to prepare for the new entrance and stair tower
- The new stage for Fellowship Hall will be constructed
- Fencing will be put up in front of the main entrance off the parking lot.
- The first phase of switching over to our new electrical service with BGE will take place on Saturday necessitating the shut off of power service for a few hours
- Another storage container will be delivered on site
The work on the new entrance and stair tower begins early next week, so we will need to switch to using the new temporary entrance. This will be the last Sunday that the main doors off of the parking lot are still accessible. Fencing may be installed in the next day or so, but we will be able to get through it until the work begins next week.
A newly revised phasing plan can be found here
Keep checking back here each week for updates. If you have questions please feel free to reach out to Pastor Scott at email@example.com.