The CMPC Session approved the 2021 Operating Budget for presentation, along with the Pastor’s Terms of Call, for a vote by church members at a Congregational Meeting to be held after worship service on Sunday, Jan. 31. Details for joining this meeting are included in the Friday enews. Special recognition for their behind-the-scenes work was given to longtime church accountant Annette Hinkle and to co-assistant treasurer Missy Sullivan, who is ending her term.
In other announcements:
- Progress continues on resolving leaks in the sanctuary roof, resulting in yet another extension in the works – from February to July – for the start of the church’s mortgage with the Presbyterian Investment and Loan Program.
- New a/v equipment is scheduled to be installed in the sanctuary this week to enhance our capabilities for streaming worship services online. Plans call for continued broadcasting whenever in-person worship resumes.
- The 2020 Session Annual Statistical Report was approved and will be submitted online to the Presbytery by the Clerk of Session.
- Changes to the church bylaws (concerning the officers of the board of trustees) are being recommended for consideration at the January 31 congregational meeting
- Pastor Scott Hoffman singled out Elder Jeff Seymour for his role in overseeing CMPC’s week as host of the Cold Weather Shelter along with the many volunteers who assisted in this effort. Additionally, $5,000 was donated by church members to Grassroots Crisis Intervention Center for their work in operating CWS with county faith institutions each year.