Summary of the June 15, 2020 Session videoconference meeting
A motion recommended by the CMPC Building Reopening Task Force to extend the closure of the church building through Sept. 12 amid stringent county and state coronavirus restrictions for holding in-person worship services was approved by a vote of 10 to 3. The Session will hold regular meetings on July 20 and Aug. 17, and possibly other called meetings as necessary, to reassess any changes that may go into effect in the interim.
- The Session unanimously approved holding virtual communion during online worship service on June 28, which will be Pastor Hoffman’s last Sunday before his sabbatical. Details to come.
- Pastor Hoffman is planning an outdoor vespers service on Sunday, June 28, with a rain date of June 29. Attendees would be asked to bring their own chairs or blankets and social distancing and other restrictions would be enforced.
- A drive-by parade in the church parking lot on June 28 is being planned as a send-off for the Hoffman family. Details on both events to be announced.
- The Session unanimously approved a $600 donation to Grassroots Crisis Intervention Center after LOGOS leadership sought guidance on the best use of funds available in their budget. The donation is aimed at helping Grassroots manage the potential disruption this winter of its Cold Weather Shelter, which CMPC normally hosts for one week.
- The Session unanimously voted to permit small groups to use church property while the building remains closed, pending approval by our insurance company regarding any liability and the signing of a property use form by outside groups that would be created to mirror the existing building use form.