Here’s what has happened in the last week:
- More of the railings on the upper level of fellowship hall were removed as were the walls to the storage area behind fellowship hall
- Special thanks to the elders and deacons who lent a hand last Saturday in clearing out that storage area!
- Framing work started on the new exterior walls of fellowship hall
- Electrical work continues to progress
- The door to the new electrical room was hung
- All windows were removed from the classrooms under fellowship hall and temporarily boarded up
- More skim coat was applied to the ceiling and some walls in the sanctuary
- The columns in the sanctuary were framed out
- The new BGE transformer pad was set in place
- Some holes left in the walls under fellowship hall during asbestos abatement (due to radiator pipes) were patched
Here’s what is scheduled to happen in the next week (or so):
- Electrical work continues
- Skim coating of the sanctuary ceiling will continue
- Framing out of the exterior walls on the upper level of fellowship hall will continue
- The re-framing of the skylight in the sanctuary will take place
The work on the new entrance and stair tower is currently on hold due to an unforeseen circumstance with the gas service. Once this is figured out we will be informed when we should expect to switch to using the new temporary entrance. In the meantime, the main doors off of the parking lot are still accessible.
Keep checking back here each week for updates. If you have questions please feel free to reach out to Pastor Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.