Here’s what has happened in the last week:
- The trench for the electrical ductbank has been backfilled
- The north entrance of the new driveway was cut out
- Super silt fencing (the chain link fence with black plastic) was installed around the property (where required by state law)
- The lock was installed on the new doorway at the base of the ramp leading to the area under the sanctuary. This area can now be secured separately from the rest of the building, making our preschool even safer!
- A temporary, plywood floor was put down in the sanctuary to protect the carpet in preparation for work to resume in that space
- Some of the railings on the upper level of the fellowship hall wing of the building have been removed
- BGE removed a light pole by the playground
- Work has continued on the new electrical room
Here’s what is scheduled to happen in the next week (or so):
- Work will begin on putting a skim coat on the sanctuary ceiling
- The main doors off of the parking lot will be blocked off and we will need to begin to use the new temporary doorway (this will likely take place early next week)
- The new exterior walls of the fellowship hall will be constructed
- A new door will be cut in to the new electrical room
- The windows in the rooms below fellowship hall will be removed and infilled
Schedule update: because the county took longer than expected to issue the permit for our revised plan the schedule was impacted. The good news is that the total timeline has not been significantly impacted. The whole project is still expected to be completed by the end of October. However, the work in the sanctuary has been delayed and, thus, so has the expected date of our return to that space. At this time, we expect to return to the sanctuary after Easter (likely late April or early May).
Keep checking back here each week for updates. If you have questions please feel free to reach out to Pastor Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.